Thursday, November 1, 2018

A Reawakening

By Jon Dunnemann

The Awakening of the Negro

Strewn here across what were once blank pages are the choice words from a stirred up soul passing through its many stages.

It cries and it hollers aloud, with heavy etchings of noise and fury carved up into neat little stories far away from the crowd. While some of them will quite easily be forgotten others are still being revisited or reworked for the benefit of those who at times may feel tremendously downtrodden.

Like a voice being shaped into many notes, scribbled, then assembled, and orchestrated into a crafty fate with the main objective being to try and capture the attention of others well before it's too late. 

An added hope is for everyone to be able to discern very clearly what my soul is attempting to propose in light of all that it has been struggled so arduously to compose.

Here it is, laid out for all to see, the rather troubling life and times of one man's misguided journey. Lifted from memory, unraveled and placed on full display, it is ready to be exposed, criticized, generalized and italicized, although it may fail to ever really be recognized for what it must truly be: the remnants of a smoldering personal calamity.

There's no more left, nothing exactly right, everything has been brought out of hiding and into the glaring light. Although I find myself slightly burdened still at the anxious prospect of other people's chiding. Frankly though, to tell you the truth, it is a quarter past the time to face the music out of the fear of forever losing my spiritual sight.

Like the tempestuous strike of fool's gold, on occasion I can not just simply leave well enough alone. Therefore, on this day I set about to climb on top of my high horse, gallop out into the open field, and then when in an unfamiliar place and as if I were attached to a fishing reel, I cast myself out so that my sordid life can be explicitly revealed.

Yes, right there out in that wide open space is where I finally became totally undone in utter naked disgrace. This recurring nightmare of a dream for me has not been the least bit fun or at all easy to face. But it's okay, it's all good because now I feel more complete after having decided to finally share this awkward truth for me, for you, and for everyone else in the hope that it might help you to avoid an awkward, unfortunate and unnecessary repeat.

Let me assure you, that in the process of this reawakening all manner of disturbance is gone. Lord, I am so enormously grateful to you for having given me the necessary strength to carry on.

It is unimaginably sanctifying to be reawakened my friend. On such an important matter as this, I assure that I most certainly would never pretend. There comes a time when we have to unpretentiously lose ourselves before we can ever finally win.

Go now my brother, my sister, my friend, and ride on ever so gently upon the steady and stable wings of the spring wind!

May this story bring you some solace. Now it's your turn to ready yourself and to begin again. That's why I have called this little snippet a reawakening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews